Individualized Home Supports
The Kennedy Collective Individualized Home Supports (IHS) is a program with one goal– to empower individuals who were living in a group setting (either a group home, restricted setting, or family home) to live in their own environment. The program strengthens the participants' innate abilities to run their household and complete daily tasks, while empowering them to contribute as active members of their family and community.
Empowering Individuals to Live More Independently
Funded by the Department of Developmental Services, the IHS program presently supports 25 individuals living within the community. This program encourages and enables the participants to live as independently as possible and stresses the importance of individual choice and participation in their community. IHS also offers supports to those who live with family, or are looking to live on their own, but need teaching strategies in order to successfully achieve independence.
Skill Development From Individualized Home Supports
- Assistance with daily living skills – such as budgeting, travel, and employment
- Grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Making and keeping medical appointments
- Understanding available benefits – including Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicare, Rent Subsidy, and Energy Assistance
- Obtaining a driver’s license
- Utilizing emergency contacts when necessary
Let’s Discuss Your Needs
If you or someone you love could benefit from the Individualized Home Supports Program, The Kennedy Collective team would love to have a discussion. Please provide some initial information, and a team member will be in touch with you.