Community Partner Work Incentive Counseling
For people with disabilities who want to work, but are unsure about how employment may affect their benefits, The Kennedy Collective offers Community Partner Work Incentive Counseling (CPWIC). Our team of Community Partner Work Incentive Counselors provide in-depth and personalized assessments that clarify your benefits related to Social Security disability, government health insurance like Medicaid or Medicare, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other benefits or federal subsidies.
Certified Work Incentive Counselors
Each of The Kennedy Collective Community Work Incentive Counselors have completed the intensive training and certification process through Virginia Commonwealth University.
Community Partner Work Incentive Counseling Service Highlights
- Verification of all benefits information related to you (and your family members, as applicable) – including an explanation of each benefit.
- Identification of services or supports you may need to achieve employment and earnings goals – with the providing of direct referrals for such services.
- Understanding of any past or current problems related to your benefits, and how to resolve or avoid them.
- Information on how your earnings goals will affect all federal, state and local benefits you receive.
- Detailed steps on how to report wage information to Social Security, and successfully manage your benefits in the future.
- Analysis of your healthcare coverage options so you can choose the options that offer the best coverage at the most affordable price.
Consider benefits counseling if you are a person with disabilities over 14 years old, but not yet full retirement age, and are already receiving some type of disability benefit from Social Security. Good candidates for Community Partner Work Incentive Counseling services are those:
- Developing a career plan
- Actively seeking a job
- Starting a new job
- Re-entering the workforce
- Already working
- Thinking about increasing earnings
- Experiencing issues with benefits
If you are unsure about participating in benefits counseling, or are unsure about your work goals, a Community Partner Work Incentive Counseling specialist from The Kennedy Collective can provide you with basic information about benefits, work incentives, programs, and services.
CPWIC Can Greatly Impact Individuals With Disabilities
By providing comprehensive, detailed insight, The Kennedy Collective CPWIC specialists are able to give people with disabilities a clear view of how their employment goals and benefits work together. Individuals who use this counseling service have reported feeling more empowered to join the workforce, and more secure about their financial independence.
Let’s Discuss Your Needs
If you or someone you love could benefit from CPWIC, The Kennedy Collective team would love to have a discussion. Please provide some initial information, and a team member will be in touch with you.