Mobility Services & Transportation Assistance
Armed with the right resources, people with disabilities, seniors, and veterans can become more active and independent. For these citizens, The Kennedy Collective can help identify service gaps, coordinate transportation options, offer travel training, and provide transportation assistance throughout Connecticut.
Travel Training Program Highlights
- The Kennedy Collective Travel Training is a nationally-acclaimed program – teaching people with cognitive, sensory, and physical disabilities how to independently and effectively use the local public bus and public rail systems throughout Connecticut.
- Since 1991, more than 5,000 graduates have completed the program and used these key life skills to increase their independence.
- There is no charge associated with Travel Training except for the bus or train fare.
- One-on-one training is provided by an instructor that understands the challenges of public transportation.
- Travel training is limited to areas that have Connecticut public bus or rail service. Contact us to learn if travel training is available in your area of Connecticut.
- Follow-up services include ongoing communication between the individual and instructor – to ensure safety to and from destinations, and to provide re-training where necessary.
ADA Paratransit Services
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, The Kennedy Collective Paratransit Services are provided to Connecticut residents who are unable to use the local fixed-route bus services due to a disability. The Kennedy Collective ADA Paratransit Coordinators provide training and resources to ensure an individual's rights are protected and to assist with the completion of their eligibility application.
Access the online or downloadable Paratransit Application at the Connecticut ADA Paratransit Resource Center.
Public Transit 101 Presentations
Public Transit 101 presentations provide information about available public transportation options in a specific region. Presentations are tailored to the demographics of the audience, with a focus on persons with disabilities and seniors, and the regional public transportation services.
Public Transit 101 Presentation Topics Include:
- Fares and how to pay them
- Service options
- How to find and read the train/bus schedules
- What to expect when you get to your stop or station
- Riding transit etiquette
For More Information on Public Transit 101 & CT Statewide Paratransit Services:
Call: 203-365-8522 x2061
Email: [email protected]
Find Transportation & Mobility Services Near You
Serving Barkhamsted, Beacon Falls, Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Burlington, Canaan, Cheshire, Colebrook, Cornwall, Danbury, Goshen, Hartland, Harwinton, Kent, Litchfield, Middlebury, Morris, Naugatuck, New Fairfield, New Hartford, New Milford, Newtown, Norfolk, North Canaan, Oxford, Prospect, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Salisbury, Sharon, Sherman, Southbury, Thomaston, Torrington, Warren, Washington, Waterbury, Watertown, Winsted, Wolcott, Woodbury
Serving Ansonia, Bridgeport, Darien, Derby, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Milford, Monroe, New Canaan, Norwalk, Seymour, Shelton, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport, Wilton
Contact Your Local Public Transportation District Customer Service:
South Central Connecticut
Serving Bethany, Branford, Chester, Clinton, Cromwell, Deep River, Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, East Haven, Essex, Guilford, Haddam, Hamden, Killingworth, Lyme, Madison, Meriden, Middlefield, Middletown, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Orange, Portland, Wallingford, West Haven, Westbrook, Woodbridge
Let’s Discuss Your Needs
If you or someone you know could benefit from Mobility or Transportation Assistance, The Kennedy Collective team would love to have a discussion. Please provide some initial information, and a team member will be in touch with you.